Visit together with teachers ans students the places of your interest . Your Teacher can be your best tour guide too.
- The changing of the guard in the presidential palace. Only on Monday, 11 am.
- La Ronda, a colonial street in the old town. Here you can have a coffee and rest. There are very nice restaurants.
- Plaza Foch, area of national and foreign visitors with good restaurants and hotels around. It is also a place of concentration of the people when there are public spectacles com the international futbo, important national holidays, cultural activities and more.
- The Cable Car starts at 9am and can take up to 5 hours if you want to ride a bit .. It takes a sunny day.The local market of Santa Clara to try a typical Ecuadorian meal. It is a traditional and popular market.
- The craft market of "La Mariscal" is an important place to buy some small souvenirs for your friends in your country.
- The Botanical Garden of "Parque La Carolina". If you like to enjoy nature, walk or make ice cream, this is a good place.
- The "Central Market" if you like the traditional fish of Quito "Corvinas" you should go there with friends.
- The museum "del penal" The old prison of Quito. In the old town. It is an interesting experience "The midnight express" sensation in Ecuador
- The giant "Parque La Carolina". Safe area for walking and doing free sports such as soccer, tennis, basketball, boating, etc.
Share the excursions in a private transportation together with other tourists. Ask for a discounts as our student.
If you would like to visit the Andes, The Galápagos Islands, the Amazon in teh jungle or the beautiful beaches in Ecuador, our travel Agency Luis Tipan Travel Agency can find the best tour for you with the reasonable costs.
- The Amazon tour, a 4 days and 3 nights tour. Leave every Thursday or Monday night.
- The city of Otavalo, a very typical indigenous market. It takes 2 hours to get here.
- The Cotopaxi National Park. To look at "the avenue of volcanoes" in the Andes. It takes 3 hours to arrive, it requires private transportation.
- The thermal waters of Papallacta. Relaxation site and Spa. It takes 2 hours to get here.
- Quilotoa Lake to walk in the mountains and enjoy the landscape. It takes 3 hours to arrive.
- Mindo, the cloud forest, tropical area in the mountains. It takes 3 hours to arrive. Highly recommended by the many waterfalls.
- Galapagos Islands. Flight alone and vist the Islands in dayly local tours,
Trip duration: 4 days / 3 nights trip. Price: $260
Take a motorized canoe through this spectacular 600,000 hectare reserve with extraordinarily diverse flora and fauna. Live a few days on the wild side with anacondas, monkeys, caymans, pink dolphins, snakes, tarantulas, toucans and much more! Visit a local community and spend an hour with a real shaman. For additional costs, you have the option to stay an extra night to try ayahuasca (a hallucenogeic used by shaman in the Amazon). All transport and food are included in the cost. Not included is the round-trip Quito-Lago Agrio-Quito ($18). You may also wish to tip your superb bilingual guide (optional).
Trip duration: 1 day
Cost: $50, lunch included. Print Description
You'll find a huge indigenous market in Otavalo. You can buy produce, animals, jewelry, accesories, etc. Visit the town of Calderón, famous for its bread dough figurines, the town of Otavalo known for its "poncho market" and the town of Cotacachi where you can find some of Ecuador´s best leather handicrafts. Other sites to see include the town of Cayambe, and the lakes of San Pablo and Cuicocha. Here you can get a true feel of South American culture.
Trip duration: 1 day
Cost: $55, lunch included
This trip takes you to the most natural cloud forests in Ecuador. Visit the "mariposaurio" (butterfly house), walk to the waterfalls and enjoy ¨tubing¨ in rubber rings down the river. Enjoy a peacful night at Cabañas "Gran Eden", two hours from Quito.
Trip duration: 1 day
Cost: $50, box lunch included. Print Description
In a private car, you will travel along the road near volcanoes to Cotopaxi National Park. Visit Lake Limpiopungo and take a great picture of the Cotopaxi volcano to send to your friends. Finish your trip with a hike up to the refuge that sits at 4.800 m (15,749 ft).
Trip duration: 1 day - Cost: $50, lunch included (Only Thursdays)
Spend a day at this real indian market! Travel along the green fields through the Panamericana & visit the indigeneous community and market in Saquisili. You can also visit the Lake QUILOTOA located at 31 hour far. You will also get a great view the Cotopaxi volcano from a distance.
Economic Tour 4 days / 3 nights
Fee: $100 (Pay direct)
Fee: $10 (Pay direct)
If you would like to know how much a trip to GALAPAGOS ISLANDS will cost you, please send all necessary details for me to find the best option for you. I'll need to know the dates, # days, class of the trip, etc.
© CRISTOBAL COLON SPANISH SCHOOL. Since 1997